It really is as difficult as it looks
Don’t think you need an attorney? Are you able to
• make necessary corrections to the contract that protect your interests?
• write a review letter to the opposing attorney arguing the changes you want made?
• communicate with the title company, lender and home inspector to discuss the sale?
• negotiate home inspection issues with the other attorney for your greatest benefit?
• deal with all the legal questions that will invariably pop up during the transaction?
Don’t be penny-wise and pound-foolish
Once the buyers and sellers have agreed on a purchase price and signed a corrected offer, reach out to an attorney with real estate experience who will take over from there and guide and advise you all the way to the closing table. An attorney’s fee is typically in the $900-$1,200 range, well worth the peace of mind and professional representation that you will be receiving.
If you are already in contact with a real estate attorney, great! If not, I can recommend several whom I have worked with and trust to take excellent care of you and your needs.